Doesn’t it feel great to soak up those first warm rays of springtime sun? They wake your body up from hibernation and flood it with anticipation of the joys of summer. But the sun isn’t always your friend: unprotected sun exposure is seriously careless. In addition to light and warmth, the sun also sends dangerous UVA and UVB rays our way. UVA rays cause premature skin aging, while UVB rays cause sunburns and, in the worst case, skin cancer.
So adequate sun protection is absolutely imperative. And it’s important to find the right sun protection factor (SPF). The SPF indicates how much longer a given product enables you to expose your skin to the sun without burning. In general, the higher the SPF, the longer and better the product will work.
Essential sun protection tips:
- Take some time to adjust to the sun (stay in the shade at first)
- Protect your skin with the right clothing (the more densely woven the fabric, the better it will protect you)
- Don’t forget to cover your head (straw hats a are perennial favourite)
- Protect your eyes (only wear sunglasses with UV protection)
- Use the sun cream that fits your skin type (and don’t forget parts that are easy to overlook, like your foot instep or your neck)
- Avoid being out in the sun between 11:00 and 3:00 (when UV rays are strongest)
- Reapply sunscreen regularly (especially after swimming)
- Help your skin regenerate (apply moisturizer after sunbathing)
High-quality sun shades also protect you from UV rays
Along with sunscreen, sunglasses, and clothing, another essential summer accessory is an outdoor umbrella for your home balcony or a trip to the beach. These high-quality sun shades, like the ones made by Knirps, offer you not only a pleasant shady spot, but also a Sun Protection Factor of 80 so you’ll get effective protection from UV rays. There are also special umbrellas, which are equipped with UV protection. A particular coating repels 95% of UV rays – So on hot days the umbrella is your best companion!
Choose from the product range of Knirps your personal UV protector:
source of image:
-Author: Beyla Balla
-Author: Capricorn Studio
-Author: Mizin Roman